Saturday, June 19, 2010

A busy week = a slow start to the running

It's been a busy week.  My first run was on Thursday because I was in Denver on Monday and Tuesday and in class on Monday and Wednesday nights.  So I missed Tuesday track practice because I was sitting in Denver traffic.

But that's okay.  My runs on Thursday and Friday were tough.  I felt tired.  My legs felt like lead - like they do when you don't run for 3 days.  And when you are fighting a nasty cough.  Might have been allergy related, I have no idea.

So I was skeptical of today's run.  Supposedly doing 1:45.  Turned out that it was much better than I anticipated!  It wasn't fast, but the lungs were fine, again, much better than anticipated.  I put in 9.7 miles and 1:40.  All in all a good effort with many weeks yet to go before the race.

I'm so psyched by the generosity of spirit that surrounds me.  All of the money that I raise over my $1600 minimum will go 100% directly to LLS programs and research.  And at least 75% of the $1600 will go to the same.  I've got nearly $500 additional dollars in donations going straight to LLS!  You all are awesome.

Time for a little rest so that I can go for a trail run tomorrow with the girls and then dive into the school books!

Happy Father's Day to all out there who are father's!

No comments:

Post a Comment