Saturday, June 12, 2010

I thought it was summer?

Today's long run was 90 minutes.  And it was in the low 50's with low, grey clouds.  Really, perfect conditions for a long run.  But it was cold.  And I'm done with cold.  We had a cold winter and then a long, gloomy, schizophrenic spring.  This past week it finally felt like summer.  80's and even 90's (which I don't mind for the first few days).  I had on three top layers today.  really?  yes, really!  But I was glad for my Sugoi "magic jacket" as the raindrops started to fall on our last lollipop.

Brilliant idea for a long run.  We did three "out and back loops" each in a different direction today.  Team in Training does an amazing job in thinking out how to reach a wide variety of abilities when they do their training.  And this workout was good for the mind - it made the 90 minutes feel much easier.  And the first loop had the most uphill - so it was the hardest.  15 minutes out, 15 minutes back to the starting point, the TNT coaches, captains, and supplies.  Supplies?  Gu, gatorade, bagels.  Pretty much anything you could want!  A chance to regroup and then head out again for the second 30 minute out and back.  I had good, steady running partners today in Ellie and Will.  It was a good run.

And then I had coffee with Ashley and Denise - the two friends who encouraged me to get involved with TNT.  We went to Dogtooth - a great, local, neighborhood coffee shop!

This afternoon I am headed to my second home :-), the Colorado Running Company!  They are celebrating 10 years this weekend and I'm helping out at the Team in Training Table.  I can't think of a better place to spend a gloomy afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment